Thursday, February 16, 2012

BEST Brownies!

Not that I'll say no to a cakey brownie, but I just prefer a denser, chewier version. If you're like me, then you will love this recipe! It's been my go-to brownie recipe for several years now. My one complaint is that unless I bring my own cocoa from the U.S., my attempts to make this fall far short of expectations. I'm not sure what they're cutting the cocoa with here, but it is about half as chocolatey as cocoa powder we can get in the states. Or less.

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 t. baking soda
2/3 cup melted butter, divided
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1-1/3 cups flour
1/4 t. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Combine cocoa and baking soda. Add 1/3 cup butter and boiling water. Mix well. Add additional butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined. Stir in flour and salt and stir until dry ingredients are incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

No comments: